On Wednesday, March 29, the final conference of the European project “IVO4All, international volunteering opportunities for all” was held in Paris.
The European project “IVO4ALL, international volunteering opportunities for all” aims at promoting the accessibility of all young people to voluntary opportunities abroad and, more particularly for France, to the Civic Service.
Under the control of the French Ministry of the City, Youth and Sports, the Civic Service Agency and France Volunteers, thanks to funding from the European Erasmus + program, it brings together eight partners, including seven ministries and youth agencies, from five states -Members: France, the United Kingdom, Lithuania, Luxembourg and Italy. It is part of an evaluation process of national voluntary policies and arrangements.
For two years, an experimentation process was conducted at the same time in France, Italy and the United Kingdom and was evaluated by Ernst and Young (EY). 204 young people have benefited from new information and support measures, such as pre-departure and voluntary training.
This conference made it possible to see the results of this work and put them into perspective. It also aimed at enabling participants to have the tools to promote and develop volunteering abroad, to facilitate the development of partnerships in France and abroad and to propose missions accessible to all young people.
Referring to the evaluation of the project, the main recommendations relate to:
- Develop communication channels and strengthen local partnership to develop information on the opportunities for engagement abroad that are offered to young people, whatever their level of qualification;
- Supporting sending organizations to modify their practices in order to make the systems more accessible to all (increase awareness of the needs of the target audience, provide tools, train and evaluate practices);
- Make training mandatory initially and refine training on return;
- Provide financial support to volunteers;
- Strengthen partnership with host organizations.
Coming soon, articles will retrace the highlights of Paris conference with testimonials of young volunteers and representatives associations but also more precise information on the report delivered by EY.